Friday, March 6, 2009

WHY DONT WOMEN IN THE WNBA GET PAID AS MUCH AS THE MEN DO IN THE NBA?

WHAT I KNOW, WHAT I WANT TO KNOW?

I know that the women in the WNBA don’t get paid as much as the men in the NBA do. They dedicate themselves to the love and the game of basketball. Women don’t even be featured in the newspapers foe instance like; LeBron James and Kobe Bryant. They also don’t feature in commercials and aids on the billboards like DeWayne Wade and Derrick Rose. I also know that I don’t see any women complaining about not getting paid as much as the men do but, hopefully one day I will get drafted into the WNBA because of the skills that I have for basketball.




I feel that as much as I break a sweat on the court like the men do I should get paid as much as the men do and have nice houses and cars. It seems like people just doesn’t care about the WNBA like they care about the NBA and it’s just not right at all. This year they even cancelled the women’s playoffs, that’s in case they should’ve cancelled the men’s playoffs. I have never seen the women’s playoffs on the television but, I have always seen the men’s playoffs on the television. I also know that the top players make more than the non top players which, I believe every player should be making the same amount of money.




I would like to know why aren’t the women are getting the same amount of money as the men do? What makes the WNBA different from the NBA? Why don’t we get updates on the WNBA like we do for the NBA? How much money are the top players making? Is the WNBA profitable like the NBA is? Are the women is as much important as the men?

2 comments:

  1. Women aren't as good as men. Thus, they don't attract the same numbers as the NBA. Therefore, the WNBA generates less revenue than the NBA (via ads, sportswear, etc.). Thus, they don't deserve the same salaries as men.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the information.........

    check the total and latest information about the WNBA 2011 like teams,Players, Results, WNBA Schedule 2011, WNBA Standings 2011 and more from WNBA Playoffs 2011 Schedule.

    ReplyDelete